Epilepsy control & the administration of Buccal Midazolam
Safe Aid Training are delighted to launch our Epilepsy control & the administration of Buccal Midazolam course. It has been recognised that the administration of buccal midazolam which is used for the control of prolonged or continuous seizures is an effective treatment which can be life saving. Given promptly, this relatively simple & easy procedure can prevent major disruption to daily life resulting from hospital emergency treatment.
The use of buccal midazolam as a rescue medication has become increasingly popular over the last few years.
On completion of the Epilepsy control course participants will have:
Everything about Epilepsy & Sezures and the administration of Buccal Midazolam and how it helps control the prolonged seizures.
The course includes:
- Everything you need to know about Epilepsy
- Different stages of seizures
- Treatment options & side effects of seizures
- Buccal Midazolam – what it is and how it works?
- Advantages of Buccal Midazolam
- Side effects
- How to prepare and administer Buccal Midzolam
Duration: 1 day
Qualification: 2 year Cert of competency