PEG Feed Training
Safe Aid Training are delighted to launch our PEG Feed Training course. This PEG feeding training course aims to familiarise students with the reason and methods of PEG Feeding (Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy). An essential course for any staff member who come into contact regularly with service users who utilise a PEG.
Our PEG feeding training will raise awareness and familiarise staff with the various types of PEG feeding and medication administration techniques including the use of machines, ensuring staff have sufficient knowledge to work safely with them. Please note – Practical session involved with real life PEG feed.
On completion of the PEG Feed Training course participants will have:
- Delegates will be able to demonstrate a much improved awareness of PEG feeding and medication administration.
- Delegates will also be able to understand the causes of requiring a PEG and how to safely & effectively care for those who have one.
- Delegates will be confidently able to handle the PEG machines and associated tubing and administering feed.
The course includes:
- The purpose of PEG feeding
- Conditions which may require a PEG
- Indications and contra indications of PEG
- The procedures for feeding and administering medications via PEG
- Dealing and noticing complications
- The care and maintenance of enteral feeding tubes
- Effective mouth care
- Record keeping
- Practical session
Duration: 3 hours approx
Qualification: Certificate of Attendance