Stoma Care Training
Safe Aid Training are delighted to launch our Stoma care Training course. On completion of this course Delegates will be able to demonstrate much improved awareness of a stoma, the cause and requirements, needs.
On completion of the Stoma care Training course participants will have:
- Teach staff the theoretical and practical knowledge so they feel comfortable working around a Stoma.
- Teach the importance of maintaining effective infection control and the underpinning of privacy, dignity and respect for the service user.
- It is aimed at all levels of care staff.
The course includes:
- Applied anatomy and physiology
- Infection control around a Stoma
- Indication for a Stoma
- Complications for a stoma
- Fitting, emptying and removing
- Privacy, Dignity and Respect
- Record keeping
- Practical session
Duration: 3 hours approx
Qualification: Certificate of Attendance for 1 year