Safe Aid Training are delighted to launch our Tracheostomy Training course. This course aims to familiarise students with the reasons for tracheostomy and the care and management of a tracheostomy. This course will make sure that staff have the sufficient knowledge to work with someone with Tracheostomy in a safe manner.
On completion of the Tracheostomy Training course participants will have:
- Students will be able to demonstrate much improved awareness of tracheostomy, the causes, requirements and needs.
- They will understand the common reason for tracheostomy and the various types of tracheostomy.
- Staff will have a great understanding of the common complication in relation to tracheostomy and the corrrect course of action to follow.
- Staff will undertake a practical session on changing the dressing, suctioning the patient, inner cannula change and full tube change using our equipment and training mannequins.
The course includes:
- Applied anatomy and physiology
- Infection control
- Types of Tracheostomy
- Complications of Tracheostomy
- Changing dressings and keeping area clear and clean at all times
- Fitting and changing an inner cannula tube
- Suctioning a patient
- Communication and care of a patient with a Tracheostomy
- Keeping accurate records
- Full tube procedure
- Emergency Tracheostomy
Duration: 3 hours approx
Qualification: 1 year Cert of competency